The internet dating scams include some common elements:
- Misrepresentation about the costs and requirements of a Swedish visa,
- Claims that they must buy airline tickets only in Russia,
- Use of professional models’ photos gleaned from internet web sites,
- Sudden financial hurdles to leaving Russia,
- Requests to send money only through a specific company,
- A scan of a (usually fraudulent) passport or ID.
Rule number 1:
- DO NOT SEND MONEY! to someone you have not met before.
If you believe that the contact is serious - go to Russia to meet your friend in person!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org